It’s very important to care for your tattoo not only in the healing period, but long term to ensure the lines stay crisp and the colour doesn’t fade. This is what we recommend to all our clients who have a new tattoo:
DIRECTLY AFTER THE TATTOO SESSION
Thin layer of Bepanthen cream is applied to the tattoo upon completion of the tattoo and covered in cling wrap. This cover remains on for 24 hours.
3 HOURS AFTER TATTOO SESSION
Remove the cling wrap and have a very hot shower. Gently wash the tattoo with non-perfumed soap using your hands only. Gently pat dry the tattoo, reapply Bepanthen and cover with cling wrap for the remainder of the 24 hours.
24 HOURS AFTER TATTOO SESSION
Repeat the washing process and reapply cream, cling wrap is no longer required.
DURING THE 4 WEEK HEALING PROCESS:
– Always wash your hands before touching the tattoo or applying cream.
– Apply Bepanthen cream 3-5 times a day for the first 2 weeks.
– Apply cream twice a day for the 3rd and 4th weeks. Bepanthen, Hustle Butter or Shea Butter can be used.
– DO NOT swim in chlorinated or salt water
– DO NOT soak in the bath, have showers only
– DO NOT use any soap on the tattoo, except during the washing period
– DO NOT expose your tattoo to dirt, dust, grease etc
– DO NOT scratch or pick your tattoo
– DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight during the healing process. This applies to the periods in between appointments if you are having multiple sessions.
Once completely healed keep your tattoo covered for longevity, and liberally apply sunscreen when exposed to sun. If you have any other questions please let us know!